The intention to build a liveaboard
In this article we share our intension why we start to build a liveaboard and we also want to let you participate on our building process of Liveaboard M/Y Azalea.
We stay since 2010 in the Philippines and dove already at most of the amazing dive areas of this country of smile. Again and again, we are happy to immerse ourselves in the intact underwater world and to collect more breathtaking dives.
- Dumaguete with his protected Apo Island,
- Bohol with his amazing wall dives,
- Malapascua famous for his tresher sharks,
- Puerto Galera muck diving,
- Apo Reef,
- Coron Bay wreck diving,
- and the unforgettable Tubbataha Reef
where only some of the areas we went to. During these daily dive trips with our friends and guest we where often asked: “Why it is not possible to stay for a overnight trip outside for diving?”.
This question has stuck in Dirk’s head and he began to research where the best area for overnight tours is. Quickly crystallized, that Palawan with its access to the Tubbataha reef, the WW II shipwrecks in Coron, Apo Reef and many interesting dive sites more, is the ideal base.
- five comfortable air-conditioned cabins with private showers and toilet
- relaxing and dining room,
- sun deck,
- Length of our Yacht is 21 m,
- two decks,
- maximum widh 5 m,
- draft 2,30 m,
- The Yacht is powered by two inboard engines, 270 HP Hinoy 6 cylinder Diesel engines /li>
- Diving platform with personal arrangements and brand new compressor,
- 8m speed boat powered with outboard engine.
Next Infos will come soon when the hull is transfered to the main island of Palawan and the engines built into the hull.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you want to know any further details about construction, plans or if you are interested to join one of our tours.